Monday 15 June 2015

I Believe I Can Fly…

Why do we all have attachments with "My Firsts" in our life?

Quite often we hear out people connecting in the middle of a talk with their "firsts" like my first job, my first car, my first house, my first pet etc. etc. 

Why do people adore their firsts more than what they have now which is much better over the antique pieces that they used to have?

I still remember how my first job gave me a boost of being somebody and how my first car gave me loads of joy of being independent on the wheels. The firsts are always special in our lives no matter how tiny or obsolete they may look now or even then. But we always keep our firsts in our fondest of memories. :)

While doing a retrospect on the reasons of this fondness of people over firsts, I reconcile here as some of the reasons that came out for my attachments towards my firsts is firstly, the feeling of “self-worth” or fulfillment that the firsts gave are much more at an index level than the next ones in our life. Secondly, the effort that went into making it happen is much more than the next ones, this effort quotient is most definitely directly proportionate to how we value something that we get in our life. Lastly and most importantly it’s the desire or the passion to get there as a milestone is what is making it hold a very special place in our life’s journey.

So, if we want to collect more such fond memories similar to our firsts then we continuously need to challenge and break our own limits that we set for ourselves in whatever that we are doing and keep on flying to explore the new and direct our efforts towards it that makes it worthwhile to achieve and this is how we reach our peak potential i.e. self-actualization and hence, I Believe I can Fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment